Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kitchen Remodel: Part III







Not much going on here except a view from the "lounge" into the backyard. As you can see we are still waiting on the finish work to begin.


Pretty yellow walls. Ugly vertical blinds
Our bright and sunny bar/kitchen


I sooo wish laying tile was as easy as pointing at the floor, whispering a few magic spell words and having it all just be done. "FLOORUS DO-IS YOURSEULFUS" Here we have laid out our test pattern on the floor.


Hmmm... 2008, A House Oddesy?

Bob mixing thinset. Wow that stuff is awful. Very hard on the skin. "Now I'll never be a teen hand model."

A pretty straight and level patch . Note the cool running pattern we went with to break up typical tile square pattern. A quarter of the job well done at this point.



Looks like a good stopping point for the night. Sweet dreams tile. I love you.


Not exactally sure what's going on here. It kind of looks like Bob is trying to light ants on fire with a magnifying glass. Die Ants Die!






After Bob's tile meltdown, Norm put the thinset on her back and litterally tiled the rest of the kitchen all by herself. What a trouper! MALIBU!


Finally the tile is laid, grouted, cleaned and polished. Check out the awesome cabinets and layout we've got going on. The kitchen that seems so big for so long now doens't seem quite big enough. But we left a ton of room around the island for walking and menuvering past each . It will be a sad day when we are both trying to occupy the same spot at the same time as we designed to prevent against that.














































6 comments:

wangkhonghwee said...

Hello Friend,Beautiful Kitchen,Great Job,Nice To Meet You.

Friend From : WangKhongHwee(Country : Malaysia, South EAst Asia)

Becca said...

Wow Bob... err... umm... Norm...whoever! Awesome photos. It kinda reminded me of the many photos we'd take as we'd wander through the river and then create little venettes to go along. Except your vinettes are real. I LOVE the cabinets. So pretty and elegant. How exciting that you have this beautiful home and you're putting all the time and sweat in yourself to make it truly yours. Way to go! I'm covetous of home ownership... and those cabinets:)

PS: I don't know how to spell vinettes so I tried it two ways in hopes one is right:)

nicole said...

Looking great! Now I really want to visit. A girl can dream, anyway.

Veeda said...

Oh my gosh, this all looks like too much for me. I'm super impressed!

Cindww said...

You've left me hanging here. I'm dying to see how your kitchen came out. My hubby and I are going to be remodeling our kitchen soon and are thinking of a half-wall situation like yours. Would you mind sending me a picture of your completed kitchen/living room? It looks fantastic!!

cincoulson@aol.com

Cindww said...

You've left me hanging here! I'm dying to see how your kitchen came out! We are going to be remodeling our kitchen soon and are thinking of a half-wall situation like yours. Would you be able to send me a picture of the completed kitchen/living room?
Its looks great!

cincoulson@aol.com